Passionate art lovers enjoy visiting Winterowd Fine Art, a premier contemporary gallery on Canyon Road.
Welcome to Loretto's Santa Fe Blog
Welcome to our Santa Fe Blog. We've created a place for our guests to share their favorite Santa Fe and Inn and Spa at Loretto memories. In addition, they can catch up on Santa Fe events, enjoy restaurant recipes from The Living Room and Luminaria Restaurant, read about spa innovations, and much more.
Read, post, share, and become a part of the Loretto community.
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
Winter season is a time of shorter, colder days and nights. At this time of year, our skin can become drier and more prone to irritation in which special care is needed. You can help your skin feel better by following the tips below.
- Moisturize. Use a moisturizer that will provide extra hydration. This is also a good time to use a more concentrated moisturizer at night to keep your skin soft. A moisturizer that contains oils, such as avocado oil, will help to provide a barrier on the skin's surface to prevent moisture loss. Don’t forget your hands and feet, they need special attention too.
- Use Sunscreen. Sunscreen is a must all year around. You can apply sunscreen directly or a purchase a day moisturizer or foundation that contains SPF 15 to 30.
- Humidify. Purchase a humidifier and use while sleeping, especially if you live somewhere with a dry environment like Santa Fe. This helps moisten the air and prevents moisture loss in the skin.
- Exfoliate. Make a habit of using a gentle product to exfoliate your skin, including dry heels and elbows. Depending on your skin type you should exfoliate at least once a week. The less dead skin you have, the better your moisturizers will work.
- Avoid Hot Water. Hot baths and showers tend to dehydrate our skin. Use lukewarm water when bathing and washing your face.
- Hydrate. Drink plenty of water or herbal teas to keep your body hydrated from within.
The Spa at Loretto has a variety of skin care products to help with your skin's special winter needs. Please call or visit and let one of our amazing aestheticians help you create a personalized skin care regime to fit your needs.
Posted by Suzanne Chavez, Spa Director