Passionate art lovers enjoy visiting Winterowd Fine Art, a premier contemporary gallery on Canyon Road.
Welcome to Loretto's Santa Fe Blog
Welcome to our Santa Fe Blog. We've created a place for our guests to share their favorite Santa Fe and Inn and Spa at Loretto memories. In addition, they can catch up on Santa Fe events, enjoy restaurant recipes from The Living Room and Luminaria Restaurant, read about spa innovations, and much more.
Read, post, share, and become a part of the Loretto community.
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
The Inn and Spa at Loretto recently partnered with Karla Winterowd of Winterowd Fine Art to help curate art experiences in Santa Fe. This art partnership offers guests the opportunity to connect further with the Art and Soul of Santa Fe™ both on and off property using the thoughtful insight of one of Santa Fe’s premier art experts.
Just in time for spring, new works of art from the Winterowd gallery were recently installed in our foyer, deluxe two bedroom suites and Penthouse suite. The new work offers each space a fresh aesthetic and provides guests with yet another opportunity to experience art in Santa Fe.
As we think about what spring brings to the City Different we are invigorated by the thought of spending warm sun-filled days meandering the galleries along Canyon Road, or discovering innovative new exhibits at one of the city’s many art museums.
The renewal and promise of spring provides a host for new ideas and enthusiasm for Santa Fe’s artists. Visitors and locals alike will enjoy the new works of art taking stage on gallery and museum walls all over town.
We invite you to come explore and celebrate the amazing creativity only found in Santa Fe. Read below to discover Karla's springs must-do art events and prepare for a colorful spring escape to Santa Fe!
- The famed Georgia O’Keeffe Museum takes a fresh look at O’Keeffe’s work created from her 1939 trip to Hawaii. The exhibition is titled The Hawai'i Pictures. You will find tropical floral paintings alongside a concurrent exhibition of Cottonwood tree paintings by O’Keeffe titled Abiuqu Views. Both exhibitions are up through September 14th.
- The New Mexico Museum of Fine Art focuses in on the Santa Fe Arts Colony in an exhibition titled Southwestern Allure opening April 25. It examines artists who visited and helped establish our city as an artistic center in the early 20th century and is up through July 27. Opening March 7th begins a year-long rotating exhibition titled Focus on Photography. There will be solo shows, theme shows and the photo lab so visitors can learn more about photographic processes. Visit and engage in the exchange of ideas & become part of the conversation with others.
- One of the main art attractions of Santa Fe is the 200+ art galleries. No matter what time of the year, it is a feast for the eyes. The Santa Fe Gallery Association hosts two engaging events this spring. ART MATTERS | Sustenance - March 14-23 features in-gallery dining with art exhibitions and critical discussions. Later in April you will find ART MATTERS | Curated. Please see all the gallery events related to ART MATTERS at the SFGA website.
- In May, the Canyon Road Merchants Association will host their popular annual event titled Passport to the Arts, May 9-11. You will find special art exhibitions, painting demonstrations, & live music. The headline event is the Artist Quick Draw and live action on Saturday. Come see the artists create art and then purchase a work of art at the live auction.
- Santa Fe’s cutting edge contemporary art museum SITE Santa Fe features a feast for the senses. Their spring show titled FEAST and is up through May 18th. This radically different exhibition challenges the viewer to reconsider their experience of our social, commercial and political structures around food.
If you have any particular questions about Santa Fe’s multi-faceted art scene, please feel free to email your questions to: email@example.com
About the author: Karla Winterowd is the owner of Winterowd Fine Art on Canyon Road, and works closely with the Inn and Spa at Loretto as an art curator, offering her insight expertise into navigating Santa Fe’s diverse art scene. In addition, Karla serves as a board member and treasurer for the Santa Fe Gallery Association.
Ready to book your art escape? Check out our NEW Art and Soul of Santa Fe™ Package!
Posted by Sarah Sims